1. The Purchase Enquiry Processing Workflow
The Purchase Enquiry (P/E) processing workflow consists of the following stages:
1. Recording: A P/E is received for example in the form of an email. It is either recorded by CompassPulse automatically or entered manually using the “+” icon found on the top menu bar, next to the user-name.
2. Preparation: The P/E is then either processed or ignored, processing being to find matching ships (CompassAir automates matching, and with CompassPulse, the broker is immediately notified of matching vessels, as soon as the P/E is received), to investigate those vessels further and then make a decision on whether to take action or not.
3. Action: To respond to the P/E if considered appropriate, to send details without proposing a ship or to record a ship against a P/E for action at a later date.
Scenarios for Purchase Enquiry Processing
1. The broker wants to respond to the P/E with a list of ships
Once the P/E has been recorded (either manually or automatically by CompassPulse), it is accessible in one of two ways. The first is directly from the incoming email by clicking on the reference number (shown next to the link item at the top of the email). In this case the P/E is displayed in a separate tab. Within this screen the P/E can be edited, including re-named, adding which broker is responsible, etc. For example, the P/E type can be changed to “Direct” (the P/E came directly from an owner with whom the broker is associated), “Market” (the P/E came from a third party circular) or “Response” (the P/E was the result of circulating a commercial advice for an owner with whom the broker is associated).
The second is via the Purchase Enquiry icon on the left hand menu bar (this opens the Purchase Enquiry screen), selecting the relevant P/E from a list of searchable P/Es.
CompassAir automatically matches relevant ships (if CompassPulse is installed, the user is immediately notified of such matching direct ships) which are then displayed on the “Matching Ships” tab.