1. Discussions significantly reduces the number of emails that quickly clutter an inbox.
2. Faster communication with colleagues takes place compared to using email, and it still creates a permanent record. It’s quick and easy to use with a familiar format.
3. Team members can discuss a particular email, agree how and who should respond, simultaneously attaching to the thread those thoughts and comments, useful if they need to be reviewed later, again without adding to “email noise”.
4. It improves team collaboration: ideas, thoughts and comments can be shared before making decisions on how best to respond to third parties. Transparency is improved – see what team members are doing and how progress is being made.
5. A permanent audit trail is created , for review at a later date should the need arise.